Welcome to the GITC blog, a place for you as a part of the GITC community of trainers, classroom music leaders, and family members to share what you’re doing with music- and what impact you are seeing both personally and at school.
The more we share, the more we can learn from one another’s experiences! Please feel free to share photos of your classroom, images related to music making, or personal musical images.
Each week, I will start a blog with a theme, and you can add your stories and shares in response to mine. This way we can shed light on specific topics, gearing our thinking and writing along some unifying lines.
Here are some suggestions for things you might consider telling us about:
- Your experience learning to play music
- What is working best for you in your musical practice routine
- Things that work well in your classroom when you lead music
- Songs that are making a difference for your students
- A meaningful musical experience for you personally
- A musical moment at school, funny, brilliant, flawed, or otherwise
- Songs you are leading or composing with your students
- Lessons you have created to include music
- The impact you see song based learning having on your students’ learning
- Ways that integrating music is helping strengthen your classroom community
So what are we waiting for? Let’s get writing!